Full Time Goulburn NSW
Occasional travel to Western Sydney and other sites.
About the role
This new, full-time role will have dual-reporting accountability to Finance and Manufacturing and will be based at our newest and largest site in Goulburn. This is a “Green Field” operation in the start-up phase – our business is in the growth phase and the ideal candidate in this role will have demonstrated experience with designing and implementing purchasing systems, procedures and processes, in some cases from scratch.
Our newest team member will be a passionate and skilled individual who can feed a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week manufacturing environment with exactly the right quantity of materials. Very much a hands-on role supporting the manufacturing team, we need a go-getter who is intuitive, analytical and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty on the production floor as required.
The role is primarily based in Goulburn and will require periodic travel to HQ in Western Sydney, and other sites as required.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Managing and maintaining supplier relationships and our current contracts, and seeking out new suppliers;
- Fast-paced component ordering (estimated 20 to 30 orders a day);
- SKU Line category management and development (anticipated to grow to up to 20,000 SKU’s within first year);
- Controlling both current and future inventory and assets to support anticipated production requirements;
- Overseeing the purchase order life cycle management and maintaining accurate records for reconciliation.
Benefits and perks
Our brand-new facility is nearing completion and will offer our team a safe and modern working environment. In addition, you get to work with some super talented and passionate people who are all working toward one shared goal – to be the number one independent brewer in this country.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in purchasing, and be able to demonstrate the following-
- At least 3 years’ experience in a purchasing role, ideally within a manufacturing environment;
- Tertiary qualification in business administration/commerce or related field that covers purchasing and/or supply chain;
- Ability to interpret and negotiate contracts and pricing agreements;
- Excellent computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office suite of products;
- Enjoys a challenge, and is comfortable working with newly developed and developing systems;
- Ability to collaborate effectively across functions to deliver strong outcomes;
- Experience using MRP systems to support the ordering function;
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills;
- Exceptional communication and time management/prioritisation skills to complete tasks on time and within budget.
We welcome new team members who are honest, masters of their trade, and who embrace change. Ability to think outside the square and be creative on the fly are skills that are highly valued and utilised here – if your happy place is a work environment that never changes and offers you the same routine day in day out, this won’t be the right place for you.
If this all sounds great, get in touch and let us know what you can bring to our team.
Please attach a one page cover letter with your application addressing the following points.
- Which best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have purchasing experience?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a purchasing officer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?