We are currently looking for a mechanical fitter to join a team in Prestons NSW. This opportunity will suit someone looking for a more dynamic work environment, who is driven by the mix of workshop-based production assembly and site-based install work.
- Utilising skills as a Fitter/Welder, to support the assembly and testing of fan and sound attenuation equipment
- Reading and interpreting basic drawings, electrical schematics, diagrams, bill of materials and written instructions for assembly
- Quality checks of all essential product postproduction and during site install
- Maintaining work areas and equipment, safe of potential hazards and safety risks
- Using lifting equipment and forklift trucks to fulfil orders
- Carrying out basic quality and testing checks, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot potential product issues
- Assembly of goods, monitoring the production process for maximum efficiency
Key Expectations & Requirements:
- Trade qualifications, with proven experience fitting/welding in a production environment
- An inherent understanding of Australian safety standards and their application to a medium risk environment
- Ability to diagnose and repair faults with tools and machinery, through regular maintenance checks
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to think and act quickly in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to identify and suggest process improvements and new ideas
- A genuine team-player who works effectively with others and self-motivated when working autonomously
- Excellent verbal (presentation) and written communication skills
- A co-operative and friendly disposition towards staff, customers, and suppliers
If you are not trade qualified that is ok, but we need someone who is confident and has the experience in fitting and welding.
There is an immediate start available
Please call Lauren on 0459 035 979 if you have any questions.