We are seeking an experienced Laser Cutter and Press Brake operator for a business that is bursting at the seams with work!
- Convert drawings to programs that effectively utilise materials and process parts in an efficient manner. This includes design troubleshooting, file modification, and tracking of cut parts.
- Operate laser cutters – loading/unloading material, ensuring parts do not move and are processed according to specifications.
- Track which parts have been processed and organise parts for downstream use.
- Maintain lasers in conjunction with maintenance personnel (preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration, oiling/greasing of parts, clearing of filters, etc.) as well as keeping the area around the machine clean and organised. Establish and operate sheet metal equipment under minimal supervision to fabricate as well as form products as per engineering drawings and parameters.
- Perform loading and unloading of material by changing tools and select required machine programs.
- Inspect and maintain press braking operative equipment for conformance with safety requirements.
- Prioritise production runs to assure customer orders are concluded on time, maximise machine run time plus productivity.
- Select best suitable sheet size for parts to be fabricated to reduce scrap.
- Ensure optimum machine performance through sharpening of tool as required.
- Inspects all manufactured parts following work in process inspection methods and ensure to accomplish engineering specifications.
- Resolve quality as well as mechanical problems and repair minor issues along with equipment adjustments as required.
- Perform from blueprints, engineering parameters as well as production schedules.
- Establish brake press adhering print parameters and work instructions.
- Ensure to setup sheet for accessible for part being established or complete.
If you are looking to work alongside a great team, using some of the newest machinery in town and you are able to prove experience in a similar role, give Kylie a call on 0428 695 473 for more information, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “laser cutter”.