The General Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
We are looking for someone that has: –
- Previous experience working with a variety of automated farm feed/water or similar type equipment
- Hands on maintenance and repair skills
- An eye for detail and a demonstrable history of electrical/mechanical trouble shooting
- Experience using a maintenance management system (covering planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance)
- Clear communication and reporting skills
- Clear communication and use of the English language
- Planning and organisational skills
- Excellent numeracy and computer skills are required
- Good understanding of environmental management
- Good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety
- Proven affinity for safety, risk management and adherence to risk mitigation measures and compliance with health and safety policy and procedures.
Would be an advantage if candidate had the following
- Electrical, engineering, fitter or similar qualifications would be advantageous
- Full understanding of the poultry livestock farming machinery