ESTIMATOR / SALES ASSIST
FULL TIME PERMANENT
An interesting and fast paced opportunity exists within Picton Area, preparing estimates for tender of Architectural Metalwork and Balustrades using project management software Workbench.
Reporting to Sales Manager and Director you will be responsible for the following role:
· Assess the type of tender, client and closing date of tender to determine prioritisation of all tenders with reference to Sales Manager.
· Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare comprehensive cost estimates using Workbench Project Management Software.
· Discuss with Project Managers and Factory Foreman for estimating labour allowances.
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the scope for specific skills assigned.
· Prepare, issue, receive and review supplier and subcontractor proposals and pricing.
· Coordinate with the client on all changes in scope, questions or clarifications regarding the work, during the bidding process.
· Assemble bid-files including all development information that was utilized in preparation of the estimates.
· Assist with the sales process to winning of order.
· Acts as a resource to project management during the award / start-up phase to clarify any issues regarding what was considered in the estimate including materials and methods of construction;
· Reviews budget and project profitability status and goals with supervision and project team as required. Seeks input on corrective measures to continuously improve the identification and accuracy of cost figures;
· Conduct site inspection for tender understanding, analysis of conditions and assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in tender documents where required
· Attend and participate in onsite meetings with clients, owners, representatives, staff, sub trades, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
Qualifications Education, Training and Certifications
Minimum of a 2 – 3-year Technical Diploma in Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
· 2 or more years’ experience in civil construction, preferably in operations.
· Estimating and Project Management Skills
· Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of Workbench Project Management Software or similar an advantage
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience – maximum of one page.