Full Time Goulburn NSW
Occasional travel to Western Sydney
We are looking for an experienced professional Cost/Management Accountant who can support the successful operations of our new Goulburn manufacturing plant during the start-up phase and into our bright future. While initial training will take place in HQ in Western Sydney, the role itself will be in our fully integrated manufacturing facility located in Goulburn, NSW.
This is a new role, identified as a need due to our recent and anticipated future growth. The role reports to our Financial Controller and will play a critical role in data analysis and reporting across the business to senior business partners in order to inform speedy decision making in our agile industry.
Although our preference is for a long-term full-time placement, we would also consider applications from experienced contractors with a background in manufacturing systems improvements, process implementation and upskilling.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Ability to manage and interpret BOMS, WIP and MFG Variances;
- Analysing variances down to batch level, owning the month end processing, including preparation of profit and loss statements;
- Account reconciliation processes, including inter-company reconciliation processes;
- Ability to forecast by department, partner with our production teams, identify opportunities to minimise risk, increase efficiencies, and build value;
- Ensuring all outputs are in compliance with current accounting practices and regulatory requirements.
Benefits and perks
Our brand-new facility is nearing completion and will offer our team a safe and modern working environment. We offer some cool perks including flexibility on when and where work is performed, leave benefits and access to our excellent range of products! In addition, you get to work with some super talented and passionate people who are all working toward one shared goal .
Skills and experience
Our ideal new Team member will be able to demonstrate the following –
- 3 – 5 years experience in an accounting role, within a manufacturing/cost accounting environment;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in accounting, with a demonstrated understanding of how to apply accounting principles;
- Technical competence working with small batches and large numbers of short run production orders;
- Capability to work with bills of materials, reporting on numerous manufacturing variances, setting and measuring against standards and analysing/evaluating/ reporting variances
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, Zoho and Reckon software systems are essential/highly desirable;
- Highly developed research and analytical skills, with sharp attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong relationship management skills to partner with relevant stakeholders across the business and build trust and respect;
- Excellent computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables);
We are highly committed to our vision; we are a high energy crew that is determined, focused and willing to take on any allocated tasks that will support us to reach our goals.
We value people who are honest, masters of their trade, and who embrace change. Ability to think outside the square and be creative on the fly are skills that are well utilised here. If this sounds like the place you want to be, get in touch and let us know why you should be the next member welcomed into our team.
Please attach a one page cover letter with your application addressing the following points.
- Which best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?